La Abuela Conchita loves to share with our online family, traditional Hispanic food recipes! From a delicious Arroz con Frijoles Recipe, to a tasteful Lechón Horneado; but the secret of Abuela’s kitchen is mixing her traditional Cuban style with cuisines from all around the world!
This time, we want to share with you a very famous Mediterranean dish that has been enjoyed for centuries and has an authentic Middle Eastern flavor!
- 3 15.5oz cans of Conchita Chick Peas, drained
- Conchita Vegetable Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional), helps to achieve a lighter texture
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour or chick pea flour
- Sesame Seeds, optional
Note: If you’d like to use Conchita Dried Chick Peas use 1 cup, cook and let sit overnight in cold water.
- Pour Conchita Canned Chick Peas into a sieve, rinse with cold water and set aside for later.
- In a food processor, add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, parsley, cilantro, cumin, salt, peppers and chili powder. Mix ingredients in short pulses, until they form a thick consistency, then transfer the mixture into a medium-sized bowl. Be careful not to over-process.
- Go back to the washed chick peas and pour them into the food processor and repeat process. Transfer the chick pea mix to the same medium-sized bowl, mix all together using your hands and then sprinkle the flour over the surface of the mixture, keep mixing.
- Wash your hands and roll small portions of the falafel mixture to form falafel balls, approximately 20 balls. After forming the balls, you can dip them in sesame seeds prior to frying, for a crunchier taste.
- Heat the Conchita Vegetable Oil to 374 °F in a pan and fry falafels for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Make sure the oil is hot enough. If falafels are breaking up, add a little flour to the original mix.
- When cooked, move your falafels to paper towels to absorb the oil.
Serving: You can now serve your delicious falafels with Tahini sauce, yogurt, feta cheese, diced tomatoes, onions, hummus, tabouli and/or Conchita Roasted Pimientos.
Our delicious Falafels are crispy on the outside, moist and really flavorful on the inside!
Share your pictures with us on social media using #ConchitaFoodsRecipes