White rice, black beans, avocado and chicken sounds like a delicious and well-balanced meal. Let Abuela Conchita introduce you to her famous Chicken Bowl recipe! A family’s favorite.
2 tablespoons of Conchita Bitter Orange Marinade
1 tablespoon Conchita Olive Oil
1 large clove garlic chopped
Ground chili to taste
Ground cumin and salt to taste
3/8 cup of fresh chopped cilantro
4 large chicken breasts
3 7oz cans of Conchita Red Pimientos
For Burrito Bowl:
Romaine lettuce leaves
Half can of Conchita Black Beans or Conchita Chickpeas
Half cup of corn or Conchita Hearts of Palm, sliced
Half red onion chopped
1 avocado peeled and sliced
1/2 cup of Conchita White Jasmine Rice cooked
1. In a large bowl, mix together garlic, cumin, salt, cilantro and the Conchita Bitter Orange Marinade & Olive Oil.
2. Add the chicken breasts and let marinate for a couple of minutes. Then, heat a large skillet on medium-high heat, add a touch of Conchita Olive Oil and cook chicken until golden.
3. Slice the Pimientos and add to chicken when mostly cooked.
Prepare your Chicken Burrito Bowl!
1. Serve the rice, lettuce, beans, corn, onion and peppers into a bowl.
2. Top with avocado slices and coat with dressing.
3. Add more spices, seeds and Conchita Olive Oil if preferred.
Enjoy Abuela Conchita’s super healthy and filling bowls! Keep in mind you can follow the same recipe with red meats, pork and fish!