Cilantro is one of the herbs that Abuela Conchita uses the most in her kitchen. She loves its taste and the aroma that it gives to food, especially fish and poultry!
- Conchita Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove chopped 1/2 cup of fresh Cilantro leaves
- 4 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cup of Conchita White Rice
- Salt to taste
- Mix the cilantro leaves, lemon juice and broth/water in a blender.
- On a medium sized saucepan in medium-low, add Conchita Olive Oil and cook the onion and garlic, add the Conchita White Rice and then, add salt to taste.
- Pour the cilantro mix in saucepan. Cook in medium heat until water is absorbed and then cover in low heat until tender, approx. 15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Cilantro is Abuela Conchita’s favorite herb. Enjoy this simple and delicious rice recipe!