¡Disfruta el maravilloso sabor de bacalao en tu paladar con esta receta fácil de hacer! Estas bolitas de papa y bacalao son un excelente appetizer. ¡Crujientes por fuera y jugosas por dentro!
o 1 pound dried of salt cod
o Conchita Vegetable oil for frying
o 4 potatoes
o 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
o 1 tablespoon of softened butter
o Salt and pepper to taste
o Fresh minced Parsley, chopped
o 2 large eggs
o 1 cup of fine cracker meal
o Fresh lime juice to taste
1. Cook the potatoes, wholes with skin, in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic, salted water. Cook until tender for about 25 minutes, then drain.
2. In the meantime, drain the fish, place it in a small saucepan, cover with fresh water, and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Drain and cool the fish, remove skin and flakes.
3. Add the mashed potatoes in a bowl and mix with codfish, garlic, butter, salt, pepper, eggs and parsley. Refrigerate the mixture at least 30 minutes.
4. Add a layer of cracker meal on work surface. Make the fish mix into a ball of about 1½ inches in diameter and roll it in the crumbs; repeat with all the mixture and renew the crumbs when necessary.
5. Fry the puffs until golden brown on all sides. Do not fry too many at once or the oil temperature will fall, and they will be soggy rather than crisp.
6. After cooked, sprinkle with lime juice.
Remember, salt cod requires overnight soaking and several rinses in cool water before it can be used!